Tutor.com’s use by City School District of New Rochelle students continues to impressively grow due to the level of expertise provided, convenience, and the broad range of services and subject matter.
The conclusion of May marked the fourth complete month of Tutor.com’s partnership with the school district. The school district launched this support opportunity to advance academic achievement. During May, usage increases were seen at all schools, with the largest jumps by students at Albert Leonard Middle School (205%), the Barnard Early Childhood Center (159%), and Isaac E. Young Middle School (120%).
With final exams coming up, Tutor.com can help students finish the year strong. Tutor.com will also be available throughout the summer for students enrolled in summer learning, those seeking to recover credits, or students in need of or seeking any type of tutoring. All services are free to students.
Students connect with live, one-to-one tutors in English or Spanish, and they can receive assistance in a range of areas:
- Extra-credit projects.
- Critiques of written reports before submission in class.
- Practice tests can be taken to gauge mastery on subjects or prep for standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT or Advanced Placement exams.
- If a student is absent but well enough to do schoolwork, and doesn’t have access to a teacher, Tutor.com can help.
- Tutors can guide students regarding best practices for studying or how to best understand and tackle an assignment.
Students access Tutor.com by signing into their school district devices, accessing Launchpad, and clicking Tutor.com. Students on non-district devices sign into Launchpad (https://launchpad.classlink.com/nredlearn) first, then click the Tutor.com icon.
Videos have been created to guide students through a Tutor.com experience and explain its benefits:
- Elementary school students (assistance logging on): https://youtu.be/BlIO-1-Uzgo.
- Middle and high school students (“Did You Know?” questions and answers): https://youtu.be/I2ci2YYAxT4.
- Informational webinar for the community: https://bit.ly/3OWywsY, passcode: SFKG@%12.
For more information, email Executive Principal Dr. John Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org.